Anyone programmed one of these (TI535) before?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I need to get the code out of this PLC and wondered if anyone has experience of it?

It's a Simatic TI535 (see piccy). I'm going to stick a 300 series S7 replacement in there but need to get the code out first.

If anyone knows what software I need to buy and lead (or has a pin-out for a lead) it would be much appreciated.

I've never seen one of these before. It's dated 1992.

A big thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Cheers :)

IMG_6295.jpg

Do you have the programming software (APT) ?
If not, that may be the biggest problem. I dont think Siemens (who took over TI) sells APT any longer.

CTI makes 3rd party products for TI500, but crucially not the programming software.

Maybe you can locate a printout of the program ?

Thanks Jesper. I've got a 'partial' printout of the program but there's quite a few pages damaged beyond repair! (as is always predictably the case!!). Any idea who would sell the APT software?

I can help but am working from memory that is 15 years ago. The programming cable should a standard DB9 or DB25 serial cable. It may require a Null-Modem adapter. Can you make a close-up picture of the Comm ports on the CPU? I'm almost certain that TI was the original maker. Group Schneider also marketed it for a while. TiSoft TI5 should also program it. You are probably going to need an older computer with a real RS232 serial comm port and Win98 or earlier DOS based operating system. Somewhere I may have some .pdf manuals and other stuff. If I do I will upload it to a dropbox and send you a link by Private Message. My email server blocks some files sometimes.

Edit:
Found this link for one manual that might help. On page 10 there is info on the comm cable.
Link:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CD0QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.automation.siemens.com%2Fdnl%2FDM3MzQ3AAAA_1935623_HB%2Fs505300m.pdf&ei=VOaOVLSDOoazyATSl4Fg&usg=AFQjCNHCeUwv5xtFwt32Q2cSnmbEEGYKew&sig2=rGhb6y2B8n-1_XiPZtav5A&bvm=bv.81828268,d.aWw&cad=rja

And another link that may help since it has the pinouts for the PLCcconnecting to another device:
ftp://ftp.weintek.com/PLC_Connect_Guide/Siemens_TI505.pdf

Link to forum that may help:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/U...&SortOrder=Descending&ForumID=219&Language=en

Last edited: