OPC Server

BMLLER6758

Hallo,

I am looking for a OPC Server which communicates with Compact Logix 1769-L27ERM Frimware 21.

All I tried didn´t work

Hanx
regards

Bernd

Hello,

PeakHMI should (built in OPC server) or our LogixOPC server.

Contact support if you need some help.

Bernd,

Regarding OPC servers, best in class is Kepware. I am biased in that I distribute their product. However, when you have customer testimonials that speak to the products reliability, functionality and features, customer's wouldn't continue using the product if it wasn't good. This can also be quantified by the magazine Control Engineering and their Engineer's Choice Awards. Since 2010, Kepware's OPC server product KepserverEX V5 has received highest honors, as voted by engineers who participated.

For the product you are currently using, you would need the Allen Bradley OPC Server Suite that comprises many of their communications drivers, for one price.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepserverex.htm

You can download it and try it before you buy it through our web site.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

From this link you can also download the manuals for the drivers that comprise the Allen Bradley OPC server suite.

If you have any questions, feel free to post, pm or email.

Disclosure, ESI is an authorized Kepware Distributor.

Dear All !

My name is Phan. I would like to need your helping much more!
I'm also going to learn how to configure connecting between Wonderware intouch and Compactlogix PLC. Can you help me? maybe send me some documentations, Instructions guide ...
Thanks so much !

My testimonial for Kepware -

I was recently encouraged by management to try the Matrikon OPC server with the Modbus driver. Their package includes an OPC test client. I downloaded it from the Matrikon web site.

After installing the package and dinking with it for several hours, I was stuck without having any clue how to configure it.

I called Matrikon and spent about 45 minutes trying to understand a non-native-English speaking tech support guy. He kept telling me that the Matrikon OPC client had be configured to talk to the field device, but he couldn't tell me where in the test client that configuration took place. Specifically, he couldn't tell me where the field device's IP address was specified - pretty basic communications stuff.

He finally dumped me telling me he'd email me an illustrated method for Modbus driver configuration.

He did send it, but his screen shots show things that are not on my version and are essentially 'random' screen shots with no context. Several attempts to re-contact him failed.

I grabbed another laptop with a 2 year old version of Kepware already installed on it and poked around. I couldn't remember how to make a new 'project'. I called Kepware and the guy told me to right click and select "x whatever". That's all I needed. I thanked him, hung up and had Kepware configured for the field device and talking within 10 minutes (it would have been 4 minutes but it took me about 6 minutes to re-discover where to byte swap the floating point). So in about 10 minutes, it was up and running, Modbus slave device, connection and the Kepware server/test client.

I'm sold on Kepware. (and I don't rep Kepware, I pay for it like everyone else)

Dan

KepWare. Excellent product and some of the best support in the business. I don't bother to look anywhere else.

ngocphan,

If you are running Wonderware InTouch and CompactLogix then for communications only you should be using the inbuilt DAServer - DASABCIP - which is speifically for ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix.
You should not have to buy an OPC server for a pure InTouch application.