Counters

dwise1

I have a Clicks PLC and I a small program that starts with a push button input. I need to insert a counter to the program will recycle a predefined number of times then shut off/end
any help would be awesome. if necessary I can provide more information about what I have now. So far what i have works as I simulate the outputs with 120V lamps. I just need to figure out the counter routine.
Thanks

I have not used a click plc however your typical counter requires an input, an input that needs to transition from a false to true then depending on what the defined preset value is for the counter (how high or how low you want the counter to count for up/down counters) your counter will increment to that preset value. Once that preset value is reached the done bit will be set establishing the end of the count.

I do some Click programming, and am sure there's at least one way to accomplish what you want. However, I'm not clear on exactly what the program should do. Do you intend for an output to turn on and off a certain number of times whenever the button in pushed? Or should the output turn on or off only after the button is pushed X number of times? Or something else?

With a detailed description of the intended operation, it should be easy to come up with a solution.

Timers

My intention is to push a start button once. Then cycle through the program a predefined number of counts then end. I only want people intervention to start the cycle.

My intention is to push a start button once. Then cycle through the program a predefined number of counts then end. I only want people intervention to start the cycle.

Questions

1. Is a delay needed between each cycle? If a delay is needed, can the process tolerate this delay after the initial button press?

2. What is the last output in the "program" to turn off, and does it turn off more than once during the "program"?

3. Is there any other bit that can define the end of the "program"?

4. Will there be a need to change the "predefined number of counts" on the fly?

5. What is the address of the "start button"?

6. What is the address of the bit that defines the end of the old "program"?

counter

Question 1: Yes
Question 2: T4 retained timer and yes each cycle it will go off
Question 3: I can use an internal bit to end the program based on the counter.
Question 4:No need to change the number of counts.
Question 5: X001
Question 6: right now I just stuck an end statement at the last rung for lack of knowledge where to go next.