FT View permissives

Burch

Hello,

I've been a ton of great information from this site the last week or so, thanks to all!

I have another question. I have a application where we would like an input from a valve position switch to prevent an operator from entering data (set points) in the PanelView HMI. Using a CompactLogix PLC.

Is this possible? If so, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance,

Burch

Sure its possible.

Step by step approach

1. What needs to be controlled? (Entry of setpoint data)
2. How can we control it? (Example use visibility animation)
3. What controls it? (Valve Position)

Depending on what kind of valve you have either a fail open or fail close, lets take a fail open for simplicity, which means that the valve by default when its not energized is in the closed position.

So now say when the valve is in the closed position you don't want the user to enter setpoint data.

So on a rung lets say the NC contact when true represents closed, then we would turn on an output called visibility for setpoint data, which means when that output is true we want the numeric entry setpoint to be invisible

Hope this helps

Use the limit switches to simply make the setpoint controls invisible perhaps? Right click on the control, select animation, visibility, and assign a control tag.

Thanks!

I had a warning message being displayed, so I will just add a bit to that logic and use to make the entry invisible.

Burch