Data Storing

outlaw9801

I have a system that run quite a bit off different products. Each product has a job number tied to it and i want to be able to store the job numbers of products that had issues when they run. I would like to be able to store as many as possible but would like to do it without creating a ton of code. We have differnt checks on the items that tell us if it is good or not. So basically if i see a high count of issues i want to store the string that has the job number in it. Is there a way to do this without having to create alot of code? I have never had to do something quite like this. I am using logix 5000.

I'm sure others will chime up as I'm not an expert in doing this myself, but i would think you could make a string array and then when your count of bad parts is high, you would move the current string into the array string and index the array string by one. this would set the next string array register to accept the next bad part #. I believe if you did a 2 dimensional array you could also store the # of bad parts to associate with the bad part string #.

The Copy Instruction would work. Make your STRINGARRAY[LENGHT+1] then copy STRINGARRAY[1] TO STRINGARRAY[0].

So if you want to the last 1000 part numbers you would make your STRINGARRAY[1001] This gives you 0-1000

Then when number is high move part number into STRINGARRAY[1000] AND COPY 1 TO 0 for Length of 1000. This will shift your data up every entry. Just beware that you most recent data will be stored in STRINGARRAY[999]

Last edited:
we have an external systems that i just give the tags to and it can read them and send out a report based on what intervals we want. The copy instruction that was suggested should do the job thanks.