cellular modems

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have any experience with cellular modems for M2M? We have had great success using the sierra wireless raven xt but they have discontinued that line and the newer line, the ls300 seems to have issues with locking up. Also the price is quite a bit higher than the raven xt was. we have also used digi's, which work great, but for some of our applications are overkill and the price is too high.

just trying to see if anyone else has a low cost no frills gsm cellular modem that is class 1 div 2 rated. Im fine with just a serial port.

Similar Topics

I have a project that is in a remote location. There will be a PLC and HMI in the panel and the customer wants to be able to monitor and even...
Replies
Views
With the ever growing popularity of using cellular modems to monitor industrial devices, it seems as though alarm cryout functions are becoming...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a client that has a water tank with a loop powered level sensor; the 4-20mA loop goes through a telephone line, half a mile away...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a flow meter which needs to be connected to our SCADA via GPRS/GSM/4G or any cellular type RTU's If any one have an idea please share...
Replies
Views
Hello, We are looking at setting up some machines in another country where internet is not available. We could use some cellular service where...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom