WinCC Flexible 2008 ADV-> WinCC TIA portal ADV

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

We have an issue.

We are a small companie that don't do mush programming. But we have a customer that require Runtime. The first PC Runtime was isntalled around 2011, and the only option was WinCC Flexible 2008. This cost us about 2800$, pretty mush but the customer paid for it.

Now he wants to expand and he will add two PC runtime, and a bunch of slaves for data collecting.

So here is where I'm at. I think it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to TIA portal ADV and start engineering on a new platform, integrated an all that. A platform that will develope. I guess that the Flexible 2008 wont be upgraded anymore? (exept for maybe bugs and some small updates)
This would be the cheapest option.

If we upgrade it will cost us 1000$ and it will continue to cost us as the TIA portal upgrades.

Is there mush improvement in the Runtime feature in TIA portal compared to Flexible 2008? Better trend views? Other new features? How do I sell this to my customer? He already thinks that the programs (runtime, archives, TIA) cost really mush. And since this is our only customer with this license it's hard to take the cost ourselfs. How would you do it and why?

Just need some discussing around this.