SIEMENS MP277 Runtime Error

Farnesi

Hello guys

I'm starting up a plant and there is one SIEMENS MP277 10 Touchscreen here. It was tested at office and everything was fine but now on site after it starts up sometimes there is no communication and oftenly the Runtime closes itself (the whole PROFIBUS DP is around 500m but its very stable and no other problems). It is the lastest firmware and I tried transfering the application again and again. When I remove the PROFIBUS cable the Runetime doesn't close itself as I thought it would. Have you guys ever seen this before? I was thinking about trying a factory reset but I dont have the necessary cable here, is it possible to make one or is there anything else besides the connections/connectors?

By the way, I m working on an Austrian company now and moving to Salzburg in two months. Anyone from there?

Regarding the communication problems, for profibus there can be a lot of things to be aware of. Provide complete info about the profibus network and how the panel is integrated into the profibus network. Then we can provide advise.

The crashing of the runtime may have to do with how many tags and how fast they are polled, in combination with the communication bandwidth. A master-master profibus network has far less bandwidth than for example an ethernet connection.
Generally, today I recommend to not mix IO and HMIs on the same profibus network. Put all HMIs on ethernet if possible. If the IO is on Profinet (rather than profibus) then there is not the same issue.

Regarding the shutdown of the runtime.
Removing the profibus cable does not initiate that the runtime stops.
When shutting down the runtime, without an online connection it may take much longer time for it to finish.