Siemens syntax

r_mclinn

Hello guys,
I am working with TIA Portal v13 and I am having trouble with the syntax used in different blocks. Is there an explanation of what the syntax means and how to use it. I am an A-B guy and I am pretty new to Siemens software. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Robert

I haven't used TIA Portal much but generally the help systems in siemens products are good. Pressing F1 will open the help system while highlinginh something and pressing F1 will normally open context sensitive help.

Is there something specific that you're struggling with?

Nick

Thanks Manglemender,
AS a matter of fact I am having an issue. I am trying to move a word from an S7-1214 to an S7-315. I have a GET_S block that is moving bytes of data for control. I need to move a word in the same manner but I don't understand the syntax required to make the block work. The addressing is not an issue but the syntax makes no sense to me.