First Proface HMI Project

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
I just inherited a system that is using 4 Proface GP-4301T HMI's. I have done a bunch of work with Red Lion Crimson and Factory Talk View ME but this is my first Proface experience.

So I am just looking for any advice, things that are similar, different or impossible :) The project is very simple and has already been built. I am just tasked with maintaining it and making changes as required.

I have the GP-Pro EX 4.03 software and have uploaded the project from the screens. One question I have is that when I open the project it says that it was created in a earlier version of the GP-Pro (3.5 I think) and saving it in 4.03 will keep older versions from being able to open the project. That doesn't bother me, but does the version of the project have to match the firmware version in the screen like PV? Or will it update the firmware like Crimson will? Or does it even matter?

Thanks for the help.

That's what make proface very user friendly. It tells you when the versions are different but still opens the project. You don't have to worry with firmware or anything else.