M340 Peripheral Remote I/O Adapter

Matt1234

Hi All,

I have an M340 PLC in a switchroom and the need for one or two other M340 racks in other locations. I'd like to use M340 I/O for parts standardisation and my understanding is that the BMX PRA 0100 would be suitable.

I've added a NOE 0100 card to the main rack and a new communication network. I can then add a PRA device to the IO scanner in the network for the NOE and launch the PRA tool which launches another Unity Pro program with a PRA rack preloaded.

My question is that given that the NOC 0401 card looks like it will eventually supersede the NOE 0100, is there an equivalent set up procedure for it? I have scoured the manuals but have not found anything.

Regards,

Neither have I - have an M540 to do and it uses the NOC 0401 need GeoffC here for this one I think. Help Geoff.

Last edited:
Have yet to use a NOC module in a project only done a little training
To set up a NOC you use the dtm tool within Unity. This will let you setup io scanning for the module. Not sure about setting it up to use with a PRA
I would suggest you give Schneider tech support a call

I will have a look at the tool Geoff and see how I go - trouble with support just getting to the second level is hard enough sometimes and trying to get to someone who knows something is almost impossible. Had some issues trying to read from a breaker some time ago with Modbus RTU - eventually got sorted - the breaker was on a generator from the US and the factory in Mexico had not updated the firmware! Took 3 days to find out what was going on.

Let me know how you go with the dtm tool. You open it from within unity.
Probably not the best time of year to need tech support
Any time I use tech support almost straight through to level 2 and when required elevated to level 3 and an answer from France within 24 hours