ZelioSoft 2 timers help

jamesd

I'm programming a PLC in zeliosoft 2 using the FBD mode.
I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to record the time between two switches being activated and then use that same time as a delay on an output?
If at all possible what would be the best way to go about this? any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been playing around with the timer function blocks but with little success so far.

1st of all, I have never programmed in ZelioSoft or used FBD mode. Here is a test program in ladder form. See attached files for my 1st attempt. This only shows that a variable time delay can be generated with this software. It does not show how to use this delay. More logic and more detail of the steps are needed. If I have the time I will try to guess what you actually want to do and try to write some code for it. I'm sure that there are refinements needed and that someone here on the forum can help.

Last edited:
Revision 1

Here is revision R1. I'm sure it needs additional changes. I just wanted a clearer program than my 1st attempt. I added some comments.

Maybe something like this? Will have to make some changes to the inputs as I'm not sure how they will operate

Here is the zip file.
The application is a level control system for a steam motive pump.
Macro 1 is an XNOR gate made out of NOR gates.
Macro 2 is a latch made of out NAND gates.
Macro 3 is the timer and delay on the output signal.
There are a few Display messages for errors and filling/pumping stages.

On the Display B49, there is an error in "Eror!!! Sensor Broken" (a missing "r" in Error).