G3 "complex" programming

joecicpgh

I dont think it is "complex" but i need a little direction. I want to simply have a "display" pop up when a condition or several conditions are true. In my previous life i programmed in fortran & pascal. I expect it should fall into similar fields.

Thanks,Joe

I just want to do it with a simple display on a page. I have a variable that i only want to alter "if" two conditions are satisfied, a tag is either a "2 or 3" any other value and the display will not be visible.

Thanks,Joe

I know i can write a simple "condition statement" but I am not sure of the structure required. So far what I have tried does not work. Placing the controlling tag in the visible (general) space and (=2) gives me an error.

Joe

Use a data box.
show tab -> display state -> general
Tag1 == 2 || Tag1 == 3

I would set the Data Source value of the data box to Tag1 so you can see the value that makes it visible.