FBC and Message Display

outlaw9801

I have found a piece of equipment where i work where the messages do not scroll if there are multiple messages at once. Other machines when there is multiple messages the message display will scroll through them all. On this particular machine they used an FBC instrucion and it will only show the MSB. For example is i have say Message_Bit[0].1 on and Message_Bit.30 on it will only show the message trigger by Message_Bit.30. Can someone point me in the right direction here as to how to get the message to scroll through. It is logix 5000.

This is how I use the FBC in an alarm routine . See attachement .
The arrays all have a dimension of 4 . The " Flasher " gives an approx time of 2 sec. per step . You must include the .in instruction ( shown above the FBC )to find one alarm at a time .
Paul

Incidently the last member of the alarm array is actually for warnings and these are shown in yellow on the HMI display.
Paul

I tried that and it doesnt seem to be working still. I added a rung with a test bit to try and see if it scrolling and what i found is that it will only show the number of the message that is further down in the routine. For example right now i have a message showing that the machine is ready for auto on rung 3 of the routine and my test bit is on rung 20 and when i turn my test bit on it will only show that one as being made. I added the .in but above fbc as well

I tried that and it doesnt seem to be working still. I added a rung with a test bit to try and see if it scrolling and what i found is that it will only show the number of the message that is further down in the routine. For example right now i have a message showing that the machine is ready for auto on rung 3 of the routine and my test bit is on rung 20 and when i turn my test bit on it will only show that one as being made.

Things to check .
The result of the FBC instruction should be a variable array . Only the first member should get a value . Check other members of the array are zero .
I always place any logic for the alarms above the FBC in the same routine i.e. the last used bit of Alarm_DataArray[3] is on rung 61 in the example posted previously .
The zero array is cleared every scan .
Have you included the compare control word done bit as an XIO in the FBC rung ? - it prevents the FBC instruction searching for another match .

Paul