Kinetix Control Mode switching

JordanCClark

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys!

In the Ultra3000, you could use an input to switch between position and current modes. Is there any similar functionality in Kinetix Integrated Motion?

My application is something along the lines of:

• Move to a part under test in position mode.
  • Switch to torque mode to simulate a weight
  • Switch back to position mode to get ready for the next part.
I know can 'fake it out' by setting the torque limit down and opening up the position and velocity error tolerances, but it seems kind of hacky.

So is there a better way?

I know that in the case of CIP motion, this can be done programmatically by using an SSV instruction. In the application where I use this, there are a few axes that I frequently change between position and velocity control. The logic executes an MSF instruction, then writes the SSV, then executes an MSO instruction. Write 1 for position, 2 for velocity, 4 for torque (current).

Class Name: Axis
Instance Name: <Axis Tag>
Attribute: ControlMode
Source: <Value to write>

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't find it. Then I found out it was SERCOS. Which makes that attribute unavailable.

I did, however, find one called "Servo Loop Configuration", that I believe should do the trick.

If anyone else has experience with that attribute in a SERCOS environment, feel free to jump in. The water's still nice!;)