PanelBuilder 32 Software Install Problems

Mike Beattie

I'm having trouble getting my PanelBuilder 32 v3.80 software to load on one of my computers. Whenever I attenpt to install the software I get the following error: Error number:-3 .Unable to assign value to registry. The install will not continue. Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so what needs to be done to correct it. Thanks.

I've never had the problem, but are you an administrator on your system? It sure sounds like you need to be . . .

Marc

Are you up to date on Win2k service packs?

Make sure that you do not have any other apps running when trying the install.

Are you upgrading? Have you recently uninstalled a previous version of PB32?

Are you installing from the CD or from a downloaded version? I have found that if you install from the downloaded versions sometime the path is too long. If that is the case, trying moving the installation files up in the directory structure to something like "C:\PB32". Then try it again.

Good luck!!

OG

Although this should not have anything to do with the instalation it is important to know that Panelbuilder 32 will not run properly on a win2k machine with Hotfix KB828741 installed on your machine. Uninstall this hotfix and try again

OperaGhost hit the nail on the head... I ran into that problem when installing Rockwell software on my old Win2K system. I had to go into the system path command and replaced all of the Rockwell paths with the good old program~1 shortened path. Rockwell software is not smart enough to shorten it's own paths!

Bitmore