Activation file missing in current activation(FT Activation Tool)

Joshua37

Hey guys/gurus

Application is a Factorytalk 5.10 SE. It comes with the factory talk activation tool.
Using its activation wizard I successfully downloaded the activation files tied to my Ethernet card.
But the problem I am facing is:

Under the current activation tab in the activation tool, the activation files are not shown. But it is shown under the rehost tab. Also I can locate the LIC file to the default location. o_O

* It is a 30 day license for FTVIEW SE 25 Display v 8.

Thanks...

First couple of basic things to try: in the advanced tab, try refreshing the activation server. Then on the main screen, click the refresh button underneath the pane where the activations would normally show up.

I have never seen version dependence in FactoryTalk, but we're talking about a 30-day trial license, and you mentioned that it's for "v8". There's something unusual going on if you're attempting to use a temporary license for a many-years-old installation.

Rockwell Automation offers free technical support for activation issues. Contact them.

Thanks Ken,

The issue actually is that the permanent license is on the way. Meanwhile the local AB distributor has provided us with a temporary one.
We are told that rockwell does not support with activation issues when trial licenses are concerned.
I tried taking this up with the local AB rep. He doesn't seem to have a clue. He asked to rehost it on the hard disk and see if that works. I tried and it does not.

Anyways I have attached a couple of screenshots if that helps.

Its Factory Talk Activation tool (v 3.02.00 CPR 9 SR 2)

The temp. license details received are:
*FT View SE Station 25 Display
*Company:**
*Catalog No: 9701VWSB025AENE
*Revision: 8.00.00
*Install: 1
*Serial Number:**
*Product Key:**

Please advise :)

-p1.jpg -p2.jpg -p3.jpg

I had the same problem today for a customer. The fix was to use control panel>Add Remove Programs>FactoryTalk Activation Server and do a Repair then Stop and Start the FactoryTalk Activation server (in my case it was V3.02). The licenses then showed up in the Current Activation's tab in the FactoryTalk Activation Tool.