AB - Panelbuilder32 to new AB Plus_6 600 panelview error

leeviney

Hello there,

Long time reader, first time poster.

To start with, I am not very familiar with the RS family of devices and software. I am GE man so dont be hating :). So i basically had a screen which broke, and it was replaced (all external to myself) now the screen has no program on it. I have researched and discovered that Panelbuilder32 is the program which the project is created in. The PC with panelbuilder and RS software is a stationary PC and cannot be moved. I have NO RS software on a laptop to connect locally to the screen. I have the screen IP set to 192.168.1.22, and the work PC set to 192.168.1.100. I can ping the screen from the work PC. when i download the program, i have used RSLinx as the connection to download. however i get an error message immediately after clicking download.

I believe i have 1 of 3 issues (this is where my heads at)

1) The screen is to updated, and the software is too old and i need to update something

2) the unrecognized device is RSLinx is the issue and i need to get that rectified

3) i do not have the local settings on the screen correct and i am just a rookie haha.

I have attached some screen shots, some more can be given.

any advice or assistance would be awesome.

cheers guys

Panelbuilder Download Error.jpg RSLinx - Unrecognized Device.jpg

The device you are trying to download to is a PanelView Plus, which uses FactoryTalk View Studio ME, rather than PanelBuilder32.

There appears to also be a PanelView Standard at 192.168.1.9 on your network. Could that be the one you intend to work on ?

My guess is that someone replaced a failed PanelView Standard with Standard with P but made an incorrect assumption about the necessary software.

Hi Ken,

You are correct, there is another screen at 192.168.1.9, however this is for a different component (it will eventually be replaced). So Ken, i have a few questions

1)so Factorytalk view ME studio is now used to program the Plus panelviews?
2) Can i use a program created in panelbuilder32 and open it in Factorytalk ME studio?
3) Can panelview standards still be purchased? or are they discontinued?

thanks heaps mate