E300 Overload On Ethernet IP

YoungWint

Ok I have an E300 overload connected onto an Ethernet network.

The device is connected and I am able to ping it and connect to it via internet explorer.

The modules on-board diagnostics indicate that device is connected but needs adding to a scan list.

Naturally I have created a configuration in Ethernet IP, however the Scanlist configurator is greyed out!

How do i add this device the Ethernet modules scan list? Is is via RSLinx?

The other thing that puzzles me is why does the E300 require further configuration? The power flex drives I am using just drop straight onto the network and communicate with no issues.

So how do I add this device to a Scanlist?

Have done a bit more searching on this now and am getting error code 16#0204 (Connection Request Error).

Nay thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What controller are you using? We have E300's with Control Logix PLC's and all we need to do is add them to the IO tree. You will need to get the correct add on profile from the Rockwell website however and you should be aware that the current version of the AOP installer will update the way EDS files are handled without informing you which can be an issue if you are using RSNetworx for other networks.

The scanner and scanlist is the controller. You can add the E300 to your I/O Configuration in RSLogix 5000 v17 or above, or Logix Designer v21 or above, using the mentioned Add On Profile (AOP).

If you don't have the AOP installed and don't want to install it, for fear of EDS reasons mentioned, then you can use a Generic Ethernet Module AOP configuration, which requires specific settings for the E300 module.

However, if you do want to install it, and you are using RSNetWorx v11 or lower, and the EDS Subsystem does upgrade to the newer SQL Database, then you can patch RSNetWorx to work with the new EDS Subsystem...

578291 - Patch: EDS upgrade forces all products to be upgraded, RSNetWorx 10.01/11.00
Access Level: Everyone

Using either AOP will add the E300 to the controller's scanlist, creating the necessary tags for all the parameters at the Controller Scope. Later versions of the E300 module's AOP also add all of the parameters to within the AOP configuration itself for convenience.

Once the module is added to the controller's scanlist, any previous parameter changes you may have made through the web interface will be overwritten by the controller's parameter values.

Here's the E300 User Manual...

E300 Electronic Overload Relay Bul. 193/592 User Manual

Start reading "Automation Controller
Communications" on page 387 onward for details on using either AOP option.

Regards
George