MacBook and Rockwell

Psymon

I've read up on some of the old posts, but I was wondering if there are any other Mac users that could help me out.

I've installed Win 7 with Boot Camp because I couldn't get the Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx to work. Not a big deal having to reboot from OS to OS for me. I've only tried Parallels, does VMWare work with the EIP driver? Do I need to set it up to browse a remote subnet or something else to get it to work?

The only issue I've had so far is when it comes to creating runtime files with FactoryTalk. I have a couple of programs with about 70 parameter files each and they go extremely slow when they're being added to the runtime. My Dell laptop can fly through them with no issues. The images I have for the screens do as well, but there are only maybe 5 of those, so not a big deal.

So far, the Retina display is awesome, even in windows. Creating HMI graphics at 2880x1800 sure makes life easy when you don't have to pan around all the time.

I've read up on some of the old posts, but I was wondering if there are any other Mac users that could help me out.

I've installed Win 7 with Boot Camp because I couldn't get the Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx to work. Not a big deal having to reboot from OS to OS for me. I've only tried Parallels, does VMWare work with the EIP driver? Do I need to set it up to browse a remote subnet or something else to get it to work?

The only issue I've had so far is when it comes to creating runtime files with FactoryTalk. I have a couple of programs with about 70 parameter files each and they go extremely slow when they're being added to the runtime. My Dell laptop can fly through them with no issues. The images I have for the screens do as well, but there are only maybe 5 of those, so not a big deal.

So far, the Retina display is awesome, even in windows. Creating HMI graphics at 2880x1800 sure makes life easy when you don't have to pan around all the time.

I have an person I know a little that is using his MacBook with Logix using VMware. I haven't asked if he could get FactoryTalk to work.

Can you ping the FactoryTalk IP??

Well I downloaded the demo of VMWare Fusion and first did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate and it looked horrible when I scaled it to the retina resolution. I then imported my Boot Camp installation and things looked awesome. There is no more slow parsing of parameters with the creating runtime files. The Unity mode is great also, something I'm familiar with from having multiple Windows installations with different Wonderware installs. Just looks like I need to verify that the RSLinx drivers will work, but from doing some quick reading it looks like setting up VMWare with Linx shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone have a recommendation of Fusion Pro vs. Standard?

Thanks,
Jay