Click PLC

saintbret1

Hey
Want to program my first PLC. This should be a simple program. I have four solenoids I want to actuate but one at a time for 2 secs. each. Also i want to repeat this cylce every 30 mins. And would like to run the cycle manually without waiting 30mins. I am very green to PLC's so could use all the help on this. I have downloaded the CLICK software already but have only played with it a little. I cant get where I need to go and dont know where to start. PLEASE HELP!

Do you have anything written?
Do you have an input to start a cycle?
If you actuate the input can you turn on a solenoid?
Can you start a timer for 2 seconds?

(I'm asking the question to help you learn programming instead of just giving you a program which will do little to help you learn.)

I dont have anything written. I put a normally open contact for input to timer an did a syntax check and it said no errors but I dont know how to manually turn on the input.

I posted a program written in LogixPro a few days ago about sequencing. Study the first few rungs for ideas on the "2 seconds but one at a time" requirement.
Here is a link to the pdf file. If that program is not enough to help, I will try to write a program in LogixPro that is more specific to your application since I don't have the Click software.
Link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=619129&postcount=3

Last edited:
The first 2 rungs look very similar. Thank you for the visuals. I am getting on the right track I think. I am just not sure how to make the cycle repeat after 30 mins. do I make a subprogram or simply put a timer in the beginning. Also I have not received PLC yet and was wondering if there is agood way to check the program without being connected?

Talking in terms of LogixPro,you would set the timer period for 30 minutes then reset itself. To bypass the 30 minute requirement, take another input to reset the timer.

wow not bad. so I get this right, the start would be like a manual cycle and cycle start would be auto using the timer and is there anyway you can give a snapshotr of the bottom. Also the timer will auto reset or is there a pushbutton for that?

i used that pic and ran it in the pro logix sim but I never see outputs go high. Timers worked fine though
On a separate Rung 6 put just an END output coil to run this program in LogixPro. I downloaded the Click software and I feel your pain. Like anything new, it has to be studied and practiced to become familiar with how it works. One thing different with the Click software is that you will need two timers in parallel, one for more than eight seconds (I used a 9 second timer) and one for 30 minutes. This is because the timers either are in milli-seconds or seconds and that the milli-second timer doesn't have 30 minute capability.

Last edited:
JRW, your program works great, as usual for you. The Click version only needs changing to match the Click X inputs and Y Outputs (which start at 1 instead of 0). I think this would do the job AS DESCRIBED. Saint, follow the rung comments for how it works. The timer can be set for 1800 seconds (30 minutes x 60 seconds).

you guys are awesome. Thanks for taking the time. I saw some earlier posts where a guy asking for help was ungrateful and said this site was useless but these threads just proved him wrong. I look forward to continue learning and hope I can help someone on this site one day.