industrial computer bios

johneedw

Hello all,
I've industrial computer Model : pci-12s industrial motherboard. Its bios protected by a password and i need to clear it but i cann't find any bios battery in this motherboard !.. Please advice me how to clear the bios password ?..

Some very old computers used to have a combination device made by Dallas Semiconductors that was a real-time clock and SRAM chip with the battery built in. See attached images below. They were a little bit taller than a regular chip. The password could be stored in the SRAM. Maybe this is your case. Perhaps a close-up picture of the chips on the motherboard will help. That way others can see what you are seeing and help you locate the chip. In any event, if you find something similar to this plugged-in type device, try removing it and then re-boot. You might get lucky and it will boot to a default state. If that works, maybe you can find a replacement one that has no password on it. Google "real-time clock" for more info, they don't all look the same.

real-time clock.jpg realtimeclock and BIOS.jpg

Last edited: