Protool Project - OP7 to OP17 advice

stevo

Hi,
My current employer wishes to upgrade 2 OP7 panels to OP17's. I have the original Protool project, i was wondering once mounted, is it as simple as downloading the program and then reconnecting the comms cable (MPI).

I realise if im to use the extra keys etc then i will need to define them in the protool project, But i only have a small window to complete this.

any advise would be greatly apprieciated

Many thanx in advance

The project has to be remade into an OP17 project.

There is a "convert" utility in ProTool. But unfortunately OP7 cannot be converted to anything else than a C7-633.

Create a new OP17 project.
Then open both the OP7 project and the OP17 project in ProTool and perform a lot of cut-and-paste (tags, alarms, screens etc).
You will have to set up area pointers manually.
You must configure screen navigation manually.

But it shouldn't be too difficult though.

Hi Jesper,
Thanks for your rapid response, Im actually quite glad it isnt a simple download as there are a few areas i would like to improve. The diagnostic screen currently uses a text list to display sensor numbers for the maint/Operators, this is spread over 4 lines by 20 characters, at 11mm high which the OP17 offers it will be nice and clear,but i would like to take advantage of the 8 lines of 40 characters on all the other screens.I know this is defined during project creation but not having wrote one from scratch is it possible to combine both within a project or must i use one or the other?

Regards Steve

Hi Jesper,
just looked up the LCD specs for OP7/17 theres only 2mm difference between the two units(8mm & 6mm) so i think its the 8 lines for me, Gonna get started on the cutting and pasting!

Thanx again
Steve