FactoryTalkView ME no backup of the panelview project

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
So basically, the last programmer on a site i was at, Did not leave a backup of the newest PLC or HMI programs.
PLC-5/20E, PV+400 Monochrome v4.0.

I have previous versions of both, and also the new runtime, Exported the tags for the PLC.
I have imported all the tags and comments into the PLC code. Also i have figured out what has changed and tagged it accordingly. (added tank level transmitter, pump start/stop setpoints).
However, The HMI i cannot Restore the project (too old of a version to support restoring to a develpment project) There is only 1 screen changed, and as i have said i determined its tank level and pump settings. Just wondering do i have to build a new one just like the old one (i have started manually copying it) or is there another way?

There's a hack to recover screens and tags from a Runtime that sounds applicable to this situation.

What you do is run the *.MER on your development computer. FTView extracts the screen files and puts them into a temporary directory, just like it does on the PV+. You can then copy them out of those temporary directories and import them as *.GFX files into your development application.

This method can't recover alarms and trends and some other functions, but it's great for situations like yours where there's a Display screen with objects on it you don't know about.

Let me dig around for a minute.

Ken. You are awesome. Thank you.
I am eternally greatful for all that I have learned from this site and all the great people here.

DwSoFt - Rockwell has made it clear that Knowledgebase articles cannot be posted posted verbatim. This is how they wish to protect their Intellectual Property. Please delete your post. The method that Ken Roach used is the acceptable one. This is true even when it only takes a free registration to access the information.

Oops. My bad. I did not mean to infringe on anything. I got this from Google tho not the RA knowledgebase. Also I can't edit it anymore... maybe a moderator could delete the post

Last edited: