How to Use Bits of Word in WinCC?

keithkyll

Too many Boolean tags. Need to use bits of a word.

I tried defining an IW word tag in the PLC, but couldn't address 1 bit in the HMI.

S7 Basic Portal V13. WinCC Runtime Advanced V13, 128 Power Tags (RT). Comfort 12" HMI. S7-1200 * 5.

Can someone post an example using a S7-1200 input word, and showing status lamps on an HMI? That should get me the push I need.

Last edited:
Too many Boolean tags. Need to use bits of a word.

I tried defining an IW word tag in the PLC, but couldn't address 1 bit in the HMI.

S7 Basic Portal V13. WinCC Runtime Advanced V13, 128 Power Tags (RT). Comfort 12" HMI. S7-1200 * 5.

Can someone post an example using a S7-1200 input word, and showing status lamps on an HMI? That should get me the push I need.
I'd use a DB.
Copy what you need to a DB and use it on the HMI.
Words or bytes and such.

Need more details. Treat me like I've never done this.
Let's take the first input bank for example. The boolean bit for the first input is I0.0. The word is IW0.
I can't use IW0.0 in the HMI. It needs to be converted to something else. I agree it should be in a DB. How do I convert?

I think I know what you are trying to do
BUT
I think you are stuck doing it this way
see pics
I don't see a clean way of breaking out bits in a word on the HMI
(I think you are stuck with bools (bool tags) in the HMI

hmibool.jpg