Happy new year.

iant

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
:beerchug:Yes I am a few minutes early
About 12 mins.
So happy new year from an Aussie

Happy New Year to you too! Although we still have all of the day, and half of the night to go. :)

Such a slow day at work, the plant is shutdown for inventory. Nothing going on here in the offices. The projects I have I am waiting on other people before I can push forward, and I have no vacation so I can't just call it a half day and leave.

So my holiday doesn't start for five more hours. No point to this post just bored rant, and seemed like an acceptable thread to put it in.

Such a slow day at work, the plant is shutdown for inventory.

I feel your pain, for years I had to work the Christmas shutdown, I don't miss it. I've made a few trips in to the plant to check up on things, but other than that, it's been very quiet and peaceful.

Happy New Year Ian! 🍻

I hear ya dlweber...

I'm also working the shutdown. In since Monday and it's just 7PM here now and I'm all on my own some! Only Security guard knocking about.

One of our production lines is being upgraded and moved all about the place. Lots of fun challenges. We're upgrading the equipment while we're at it. Just finished wiring up I/O for an L33ER earlier using the prewired cables..."is that Blue and White with a Red tracer, or White and Red with a Blue tracer?"

Then I configured a Stratix 8000 14 port which would not "Express Setup" for me, any which way. Default Username: blank Password: switch.

Found out that because my IE is v11, you cannot leave the username blank for a secured webpage. The fix is to use "a" for the username to keep IE v11 happy, even though the Stratix doesn't need it! An hour of fun with that one. I was on the verge of pulling out the console cable before the KBase came to my rescue.

I'm in the middle of flashing a bunch on PF525's to latest FRN at the moment. Nearly done, just tedious.

I'll finish up in next half hour until Monday, enough done for one year!

Then I'll go kiss this year goodbye in style 🍻

To all and yours, Have a Happy & Prosperous New Year!! (y)

Best regards,
George

Well Geo, sounds like you are having some "fun."

I am still pretty new here so my list of projects is pretty small two of them I need IT to go further, (email postmaster took a needed email from me because it thinks attachment is a virus, the other I need access to a virtual drive to get CREO config file) the other I am waiting for hardware installation so I can do testing/verifying.

I am happy to miss the plant shutdowns.
After 16 years straight. It's been goon not to do it.

"Goon"? Must be an Oz expression, or the beer... 🍻

I missed the edit.
It was supposed to be "good"

Although "goon" is and old England name for a group of comedians
It was called "the Goon Show" and was early 1951-1960
Peter sellers, spike Milligan, Harry Secome.
that's why the spell checker didn't pic it up

Last edited:
Don't forget the other founding member of the goons - Michael Bentine .
Unfortunately the BBC in their wisdom deleted virtually all of the 1st series in which he appeared .
Happy New Year all

Paul

I missed the edit.
It was supposed to be "good"

Although "goon" is and old England name for a group of comedians
It was called "the Goon Show" and was early 1951-1960
Peter sellers, spike Milligan, Harry Secome.
that's why the spell checker didn't pic it up

No worries, I had to edit mine too. :oops::p

Ah, Inspector Clouseau. The fights against Cato were epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw1f94dx4xo