Drive Question

arocon

Could anyone please tell me how derive torque limit value ? Is it from motor specification or process specification
or drive specification ?

I always have to get the book for that specific drive do a little reading and you should easily figure out what you need. generally torque values come from the motor. That is asuming that you have the process requirements and just need to program your drive
this is From http://www.elec-toolbox.com
To calculate motor full-load torque, apply this formula:
T = HP x 5252
rpm
T = torque (in lb-ft)
HP = horsepower
5252 = constant
rpm = revolutions per minute

Example: What is the FLT (Full-load torque) of a 30HP motor operating at 1725 rpm?
T = HP x 5252
rpm

T = 30 x 5252

T = 157,560

T = 91.34 lb-ft

Last edited: