No user program present

kimoturbo

Hey Everyone,

I am have a machine that runs using GE Fanuc 90 30 series PLC and I am using using Proficy Machine Edition 6.0 to be able to connect to the PLC with my computer. When the I bought the machine it had a program on the PLC, so my engineer have uploaded it, but there are a lot of things that he had removed from the PLC design, but we still have the Original project. Now the engineer has left.

The problem is whenever I try to download the original project to make the Machine as it used to be when it first came. it gives an error in the faults table saying, No user program present in Rack 0.Slot 1, which is the CPU364 that I am using. I downloaded the error code list of this series, but I don't know what it means by the description and correction in the error list.

Description:

The Fault Group No User Program Present occurs when the PLC CPU is instructed to transition from STOP to RUN mode or a store to the PLC and no user program exists in the PLC. The PLC CPU detects the absence of a user program on power-up. The fault action for this group is Informational.

Correction:

Download an application program before attempting to go to RUN mode.

What does it mean by an application program? And how to download it?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
There are several possibilities. The first is that when you tried to send the original program to the PLC, for some reason the procedure failed and the program did not get transferred. The second is that the program you tried to transfer was blank. Third, you may have only transferred the hardware configuration and not the program.
Try again and this time watch the messages in the feedback zone of Proficy Machine Edition. The messages will track the progress of the transfer procedure and tell you when something goes wrong.

I don't think that any of these possibilities applies to my case. The only message it says that is out of the ordinary is a warning.

WARNING: new configuration fault(s) exists - see fault tables.

I have also uploaded an image that shows everything in the feedback zone as well as the Controller fault table.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 4.51.31 PM.jpg

It looks to me like you've transferred a blank program to the PLC.

Every PLC target contains a ladder logic program called _MAIN. The screenshot shows the controller fault table which suggests that your _MAIN program is blank. To follow up on the reference to new configuration faults in the feedback window, you should select the I/O Fault table in the fault table viewer.

I am sorry, but could you tell me how to find and compare between the two ladder logic programs called _MAIN in the different two targets???

Thank you in advance

kimoturbo, you will be much more productive in this software and more valuable to your employer if you would spend some time in the "InfoView" tab of the "Navigator" window.