Erotherm PID controller to Rockwell ethernet comms

Good morning,
I have a Rockwell CompactLogix PLC which sits on the same panel Ethernet network as a Eurotherm PID controller, and I am trying to get the 2 talking so I can send a set point to the Eurotherm and read the PVs into the PLC.

The comms is established on both devices as they are each communicating over the network. (The PLC is talking to the HMI and the outside world and the Eurotherm is talking to the factory datalogger running the Eurotherm software, iTools).

The attached image is from RS Logix 5000 (V20) where I previously setup comms to a Wago remote IO block. Wago publish a cheat sheet showing how the connection is established. When I asked Eurotherm for the same information they just sent me a copy of the manual with the immortal phrase RTFM! Hmmm I will remember that!

Anyway it is the assembly instances I am trying to determine, can anybody help me with that?

New module dialogue.JPG

What model Eurotherm? They typically talk Modbus, so that would be your easiest solution if your PLC can do that. The other option is to use OPC. iTools uses an OPC server but you have to buy that option if you want it to run for more than a certain amount of time.

Thanks for your answer Highland Controls

It is a 2704 cascade controller, and you are correct they do talk Modus TCP which Rockwell does not directly support, a fact I was not aware of when I posted this morning.
Since posting I have received (From outside plctalk) the following suggestion:

"Try to implement Modbus TCP code into your controller (a Rockwell technote and example can be found here: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/470365 )"

I am currently working on this and will post the results here.

We have iTools which is used by our factory datalogger to record various values form teh furnace this is controlling.
What were you thinking for along these lines?

I was think that if your datalogger software supports both Ethernet/IP and Modbus/TCP then your datalogger program could copy the value from the 2704 to the PLC. What datalogging software are you using?

Unfortunately I cannot use the datalogger for this. The furnace has to be stand alone and capable of running in isolation. It is frequently used for metal hardening processes that can take 90 hours to run. If our factory network went down it would jeopardize the process and potentially scrap the work.

I'm working on the Rockwell code and will update when I'm done with that

My backup option is to use the Proface HMI as a code converter along the lines that Tom suggests.