FATEK commmunication Q

PCminister

im having a problem reading from a Load cell connecting with 485 to a b1 series FATEK plc.

the problem is:

I DIDNT WORK WITH THIS PLC BEFORE.

i dont have any clue about how its communication protocol can be used to read something from loadcell memory.

should i use function number 150 or 151?

how can i input the address i want it to read and how can i read it online so i can give instruction according to weight change?

im a newbie as you can see and im not very good with English also, so please dont refer me to those BS manuals FATEK has on its website.

i have the load cell specs:
DVP01LC-SL

and plc:
B1-14M

i connected a CM55 communication module to the main unit and i have two 485 ports to connect with Loadcell and a TECO s310 AC drive so i can control a PUMP to fill condensed yoghurt to a packaging machine. i want to use the loadcell to read the weight and control the pump to fill the packaging bag according to the weight it has. reading from loadcell and writing to the AC drive is what im stuck at!!!

thank you but i solved the problem today. it was a matter of changing a Hex to Dec and put it in a table then using FUNC150 to make a modbus connection. it was fun. completely my fault not Fatek.

it will be more fun tomorrow when i will use the loadcell value to control the AC drive!!!

I'm glad you made progress. If you would, please share the final outcome and a little detail that might help someone else as well. I have FATEK software and cables for "just in case", but only have one client with a FATEK PLC... have not had to do anything with it yet.
Thanks for updating us...(y)

man, it was really fun!

i used a loadcell and a delta module to read the weight from it and then i used the values to calculate the speed and giving the AC drive how to change the frequency to make the outcome weight accurate. it became simple and fairly accurate. using the PLC without any HMI with just the I/O i can simply adjust the weight and calibrate it. isnt that amazing?

reading the values are really simple with fatek you just make a table and write a modbus function and you are in business. it is really simple.

i dont know the prices well but fatek is really cheap if you see the performance. i enjoyed working with it. maybe it was so because it was my first time using modbus for this kind of work but the outcome was satisfying.

Hello
I have problem with connecting through port 2 in fatek b1-20MR25. It is completely not responding. It is a new unit so I think it should be ok. I have tried everything. Have You know about some method of turning this port on? I try to connect with OMRON MX2 inverter.

Also the TX-RX indicators of fatek's port 2 are not blinking. So it seems that not data at all are transmit. Have you got similar problems?
regards

if you write the modbus table and function right you should see the TX blinking but RX will not blink until you get the protocol setting and the addressing right.

which communication module did you use?

Last edited:
Thanks
It seems that I have to create Modbus table in ROR (so for me it is R5000). I dont get why I can't put it somewhere else. But it is not a problem. But now is sending data.

still you didnt answer my Q: which communication module did you use?

it has nothing to do with ROR. in TOOLS you should creat a Master Modbus Table and then you have to adjust the communication setting from PLC > SETTING i asked about the module because here you should adjust your communication ONLINE you have to be connected to the PLC to be able to see the comm setting. and you should know the address which you want to read or write through modbus and if it Hex you must change it to Dec and add it to 400001 and put it in the table then use the MODBUS FUNCTION to make the connection to the registers you want to read/write on your other device.

it is very very simple once you make the first connection.

Sorry I miss your question.

I have mention that I use b1-20MR25 - it has got port0 rs232 and port 2 - 485. I want to use it as a MODBUS network comunication master.

So I have checked again and it is important to put your Modbus table in ROR (R5000 - and above). When I created table in other registers (for example R3500 - it is non-retentive register) it does not want to work and give me an 08 error. When I created table in R5000 it is working now.

logically when you have two comm ports the first one in port0 and second on should be port1. or im wrong?
and i wrote 4 tables for my project and non of them was retentive.
you want to use the register to store data on. it will not be deleted if you cut the power that is a completely different issue.
you use that register to store your communication information it will not delete those.
first determine if you use the right port number then become online with plc and set the port setting (baud rate, parity and...) and choose protocol. for me it was Modbus Slave ASCII (if you use ASCII) if you use RTU it has that option for slave nodes too.
when you write the table you should choose the Table starting address carefully. make sure you have at least 40 free register from start register.
then add address according to memory addresses on your slave device`s manual.use the windows calculator to change the hex address to decimal. add the result to 400001 and put it in slave data start address and you can now have the first entry on your table. then use function number 150 to create a modbus connection in your ladder program wherever you need it. in modbus function the first one is the tables starting address and the second one a free register. if all goes well u should have the values on the Slave device on the register u specified in the table. with TECO AC drive i had to determine the Frequency and run/stop source on device`s setting menu.

Hello
I have checked everything again:
1. In some fatek's PLC there is something like Port0 and POrt 2 (not port 1) - for example in module B1-20Mx25 (port 0 and Port 2 - there is not port 1)
2) Regarding to the problem of starting register of modbus tables - you are right. This table could be placed almost everywhere in the registers. I have checked it again and it is working for R2300. For me that is good information. This ROR also work because modbus table are only for sending information, not for writing to them.

I succeeded in connecting through modbus with Omron MX2 inverter. Another problem was with choosing right address of inverter. When I choose unaccessible - fatek plc gave me error.

Regards

Yes I succeeded. But I have another problem (observation). It seems that putting 150P.M-bus function is not allowed in subunits. I mean that it works but in different way. When I put this function in main unit it is working correctly.
It is a problem bc I need to jump to different labels to run different commands.
Have You tried something like this?