Controller Revision issue

stallone

Good day all,

I have a project which is done in RS Logix 5000 v19.
I need to keep it in version 19.

I bought a new controller as part of an upgrade project, i got a 1769-L33ER, and it has revision 20 firmware on it.

My issue is i would like to make this controller revision 19,
i have tried control flash but it allows me to select my processor but it does not show me anything but revision 20.

I am a bit lost and need some help.

The minimum Firmware revision for that processor is Ver 20.01. It is not possible to use earlier firmware with that CPU.

please excuse my ignorance, but do you know that from experience, or did you find it online somewhere, the reason i ask is it would be nice to be able to go someplace and check these things for future purposes.

thanks again,

you can make the project version 19 rather than converting the plc to version 19.

open your project and double click on the processor, then click on change controller.

I only have version 19.01 installed, so I could be wrong.
regards,
james

With the newer 7370 controllers the minimum Firmware rev is v20.01. If you try to create a new program with the L33ER with ver 19 the software will not allow it. The options for changing to ver 19 are grayed out.