Pico compared to Moellers Easy

g.robert

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know for sure if you can use Moeller smart relay software "easy-soft 3.1" to program the Pico relays?

We normally use Moeller easy 618-AC-RC for a type of project. I need to act now and I can get a Pico 1760-L18AWA-EX right away.

I believe the mentioned Pico is the Moeller unit but am unsure of software compatibility.

Thanks in advance for info.

Try this link for "FREE" software.

http://www.ab.com/plclogic/pico/picosoft.html

Appears to be 8.18 mb, a 30+ minute download on my old computer with a bad modem driver file.

This a much better program then Moellers, and if I read it right, "videos to boot.

Hope this helps.

Same programming cable will work.

I just can't gaurentee that you will be happy with using Moeller's software, might work, but too many others have had problems.

casey

Last edited:
Thanks.
there have been problems with Moeller's software

Problems with the software itself or specifically using Moeller to program AB?

I really would like to use the existing Moeller software because I am use to it, have existing programs and little time to experiment.

Regards..

Both program generate files with the same extension (.eas), and since you can program an Easy with Pico software, I can't see any reason why the reverse isn't true... :confused:

IOW, the software doesn't check which logo is stuck on the front of the unit, so either should work.

beerchug

-Eric

Problems seem to generally revolve around memory loss, even with the module installed. Sometimes it is looking to the programming port for instructions and doesn't recognize that there is ladder logic installed.

Sometimes it drops the memory on power down, and sometimes on a machine stop / program interrupt. These were not neccesarilly glitches that were notice with the Moeller units, but the others after they started multi-branding.

I know a couple of guys who have never had any problems, and they have probably used every version of relabled "easy" out there.

New Moeller software was supposed to have a fix in it, but I don't know if it came out yet, is, or has been out for a while.

You could try this link for a software upgrad from Moeller.

http://www.moeller.net/en/industry/switchgear/switch_control/easy/download.jsp

We'll see if I can find out anything else.

regards.....casey

I always thought they would be the same on the inside. I wonder if maybe there was some firmware versus software version conflicts, like those that used to plaque GE's Micro 90's and some other units out there.

Maybe they had a warehouse full of old boards they unloaded to the off brands???

Worst that can happen is it won't work, or may quit.

If that's the case, PLAN B is available.

regards to all.....casey

thanks for the info. we use the whole line of moeller easy relays but this is our first attempt with other similar brand.

So...how did it all work out?

I have heard that A-B is competitive on their pico's pricewise. I can't say for sure, as I haven't been able to get prices or literature from the local distributor.

They also own the local panel shop, who has been made at me since 1973 for being involved in controls.

regards.......casey