paris

hello all

(Excuse my English)

I look for a pattern to make a communication cable to
Melsec, Mitsubishi Electric, F-40MR
this is an old plc, it is used with a cassette tape recorder for backup
program, I have the recorder (tape recorder), but I lost the cable
thank you for your help

I dont think F40's can actually connect to a PC. So such a cable does not exist. (I may be wrong). They really are that old. You may need a GPP (Graphic Programing Panel) or hand held programmer, There are still some around but are getting rarer by the day, sorry cant be of more help, so best of luck with that.

sorry, I badly explained.
it is not a PC that I want to connect the F40, but save the program
that is in the F40, this is done with a conventional audio cassette recorder
ce-152.jpg

I seek the pattern of connection cable with the idea of making the copy

Last edited:
Paris I would seriously consider upgrading to equipment that was made in this century. I am not being flippant with you but your F40 was defunct in the 1980's. I was using Mitsubishi back then, but only ever came across a ROM cassette that pushed directly into the PLC body. It was achip though not a tape, and to erese it we had to remove the foil adhesive cover and place it under a UV light for a while.

(yes, I know this is an old hardware
was it for now )

a question I ask myself.
I can (with the MELSEC F40M)
do that. (ejp before cjp)
cjp is normally before ejp .. ? if we reverse, it works too ?
(after the "END" )

ld xxx
out xxx
ejp xxx
xx xxx
xx xxx
xx xxx
cjp xxx
ld xxxx
and xxx
out xxx
end

Last edited:
The manual says it not possible to EJP (end jump) unless you have already CJP (conditional jump). That sounds logical to me. Why would you need to EJP if you have not reached the condition to start one.

I dont think F40's can actually connect to a PC. So such a cable does not exist. (I may be wrong). They really are that old. You may need a GPP (Graphic Programing Panel) or hand held programmer, There are still some around but are getting rarer by the day, sorry cant be of more help, so best of luck with that.

You can access the software on this PLC using the old DOS Medoc package but you will need an SC-03 cable (SC-09 will not work) and a F2-20GF interface which might be difficult to get hold of. As it is one of the original F processors (rather than an F1 or F2) you will also need to fit a special ROM chip to get the comm's to work. These came with the F2-20GF module but were often discarded as they were only needed for the very old PLC's.

Andybr we are past the point of connecting a PC to the PLC, he doesnt need to apparently, he was trying to connect it to a tape recorder. Now he needs programing help!

Well, I don't know about your particular PLC, but many others will fault with a scantime watchdog fault if you loop too long.
How many loops are you attempting to perform?

Page 65 of the manual you referenced mentions skip/repetition so maybe you can use some variation of that (figure 4-20).

Last edited:
i guess the CJP and EJP are pair instruction set.

although/if the program correct the data keep on RAM,if plc power off it will return to default.