Ignition SCADA Multiple Monitors

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Can someone who uses Ignition, advise me on how to setup a multiple display Project.
I have two build the project using a single client lisence and two 1920x1080 monitors.
I sort of managed to do it but I am not realy happy with my solution.
I 've setup the project to windows mode 3840x1080. I have set it up so that it launches windowed.
I then did my windows having a resolution of 3840x1080. It looks ok but the problems is that when I maximise the project shrinks to one monitor only. I can basically run in the project in both monitors only when the SCADA window is not maximized and the window is floating.

Any suggestions? I did not seem to find any usable solutions in the manuals.

Regards

I would use the following Javascript function to open up multiple windows in IE without the toolbars.

window.open(pageURL, title, 'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=0, copyhistory=no, width='+w+', height='+h+', top='+top+', left='+left);

Just a thought,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

Dear jgreenewv
I have not found a usable solution in their forum.

Dear gclshortt
Does this open a new window as a popup in a seperate window? Can you please provide more info about the function? How do you define the window name and so on? maybe a link to the manual?

Dear diat150
As stated in my first post, I have a single client lisence.

I would expect that this is a standard capability of any modern SCADA. You can do this with WinCC with no special concideration.

Dear jgreenewv
I have not found a usable solution in their forum.

Dear gclshortt
Does this open a new window as a popup in a seperate window? Can you please provide more info about the function? How do you define the window name and so on? maybe a link to the manual?

Dear diat150
As stated in my first post, I have a single client lisence.

I would expect that this is a standard capability of any modern SCADA. You can do this with WinCC with no special concideration.

Oh ok, I missed that.

Here is a post that may help you

https://www.inductiveautomation.com...=11546&p=41717&hilit=multiple+monitors#p41717

Unfortunately Multiple monitors is probably the one thing that I wish Ignition handled better. People have been pushing Inductive Automation for a better solution for multi-monitor situations so I'm sure they will accommodate the requests at some point in the near future but for now it's a compromise.

You have three options, buy another vision client license, or try the route you are currently traveling, swap your dual monitors for a single 28"/34" Ultra Wide-Screen monitor #drool

Personally, I am delivering multi-monitor soultions, however they are simply running an instance of a 1920 x 1080 application. So instances are launched independently on 3 separate monitors. An Ignition "client" is really any instance where the application is running, and not a physical workstation. So I require 3 client licenses on a workstation to run. Obviously not gonna work if you just bought the single client license. All of the applicaitons we deliver will either be the 5 client "works lite" or the unlimited "works" package so it's not really an issue for us.

I would just call and find out the price of an additional client license, I bet it would be cheaper to go that route then spending the time re-working your application as you describe. Might be worth a call to tech support to just in-case they have any tricks up their sleeve (like somehow allowing a "full-screen" project to stretch two monitors). Or like I previously mentioned, ditch the dual monitors and supply one big monitor.