Star Delta Phase sequence

md.abdullah

Dear all

Is phase sequence in Star Delta starter necessary, Just i got flash with wrong phase sequence.can anyone tell me how to know the phase sequence if i am starting first time???

Type in Star/Delta wiring diagram into google, but if you do not know what you are doing get someone who does, otherwise you may do some serious damage.

the current in delta should have same direction as the star situation.
this is why the connections are not U1,V1,W1 and U2,V2,W2
but V2,W2,U2
so you put L1 on U1 and V2 etc. find a connection diagram and simulate the phases

If you manage to swap a phase when changing, you got a wiring error.. Check your diagrams and consider getting someone who knows what they are doing...

Did you remember to take out the inserts from the termination terminals in the motor?

Did the flash occur when it first started in star or did it occur
as it transferred from star to delta.

Take a photo of the motor terminal box for us to see.

Finding someone who knows about star delta starters and motors
is your best option though.

Is this motor US or EU? Your peckerhead should have a diagram of what pins go to what. I agree with the above post, give us a solid pic of the motor and we can tell you where to land what. You crossed a phase somewhere you shouldn't have :(.

Gyus motor is from Itlay.when i first started it got flash. I checked the connection at TB side there it was burn at V2 and W2.when i changed the V2 to W2 it works.I could not understand why it git flash in first situation???