WonderWare buttons staying pressed

rankhornjp

Greetings:

WW version 11.0
OS Win7
Processor Modicon Quantum 652/60

I have an InTouch application that sometimes has buttons that will stayed pressed. This only happens on this application, even though I have another application on the same processor and DA server.

It happens at random time intervals and with different buttons.

Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

James

Ensure that all WW patches have been implemented.
https://wonderwarepacwest.com/uploads/2014/05/system-platform-2014-patch-1-intouch-readme.html

This patch mentions this happening:
L00129867: HF CR L00129271 SR 19818297 If the user clicked on an ArchestrA momentary button continuously with a mouse, the switch did not return to the original unselected value. The momentary switch value appeared to be "stuck" in the selected position, even though the switch should have been released and the unselected value restored.
The stuck button issue appears under two conditions based on whether the application incorporates native InTouch or ArchestrA button symbols.

If the window containing a native InTouch button symbol loses focus, the button value should be reset regardless if the user continues to press the button or not.
Set the UseLegacyOnKeyUp=1 option in the Intouch.ini file to force an On Key Up event and restore the unselected button value as soon as the window containing the button loses focus.

An action script associated with an ArchestrA button set an On Key Up condition that did not restore the unselected switch value. This functionality is enabled by adding the DWORD Registry entry "AlwaysDeactivateMomentary" and set its value to 1 in:
64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\SOFTWARE\Wonderware\InTouch
32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wonderware\InTouch

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

The same kind of problem happened in iFix 3.5. It was a VB thing where the MouseDown command did a CloseDigitalPoint in iFix. As long as you stayed in focus the MouseUp command OpenDigitalPoint worked. But if you drag the mouse pointer off the button while doing the jog it would not see the MouseUp. We could get around this by adding the Open when focus is lost.
I don't know if there was a patch (SIM) or other fix available. We only had one process with this issue.

As a general rule, I manually unlatch all "Momentary" HMI buttons in the controlling PLC. Either with a timer, or when some other contradictory function button is pressed.