PV+ Auto Logout based on screen

phuz

I got an odd request from a customer wanting to perform an auto logout if certain screens are left active, but not others. The auto logout feature in Studio is rather limited, so I was thinking if they used global connections for screen control, they're half way there, but there is no auto logout command that can be used in a macro.................is there? :D

Not exactly.

Client Side you can fire a Macro with Login.

I always create a LOCAL HMI user named HMI_Default with password HMI_Default that has nothing but "view only" permissions (as governed by CurrentUserHasCode() functionality.

Then instead of "logging out" I just run

Code:
login HMI_Default HMI_Default

Where the syntax is login username password

If you want to do this event based on a per client basis, then you will need to do a bit of VBA code to make sure things are executed client side.

The best way to do this is to have a background screen that runs on each client that holds VBA code. Here is a copy and paste of my post from this thread, slightly altered for you. --> http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=92425

====

You can run an EVENT file that will execute things "globally" (from the server). However, lots of commands CANT be ran - because they don't know where to execute. Example - "Display XYZ" can NOT be ran from an EVENT file because it doesn't know where to execute.

Generally I have a "background" screen that runs on all clients that is cached and running in the background.

To your startup macro add the following:

Display BackgroundScreen /ZA

Then have all of your code on the BackGroundScreen.

Hope that helps.
===

On the BackGroundScreen, have a Numeric Display that points to the PLC Tag for timer for screen, or condition, or whatever you want.

Expose the Numeric Display to VBA Code

Have your code say:

Code:
Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

If Not IsError(NumericDisplay1.Value) Then

If (NumericDisplay1.Value = 1) Then
        ExecuteCommand ("Display Name_Of_Window")
    End If

End If

ErrorHandler:
Exit Sub
End Sub

You can change the ExecuteCommand to fire a macro, or even do the login directly. Examples are:

Code:
        ExecuteCommand ("login HMI_Default HMI_Default")
    End If

Code:
        ExecuteCommand ("MacroName")
    End If

Hope that helps!

Commando, I was referring to FTME. I believe that is what the OP is using. But, that's speculation on my part. I was going off of the limited auto logout comment he made and Global Connection Screen Control.

Yes, sorry for not clarifying.
This is ME, so using that VBA isn't an option otherwise this would have been solved. :D

No, there is no logout command for the PV+. Only the push button.
There is the auto-logout feature in the Project Settings. Use that.

To do what you are asking is not (easily) possible on a per screen basis. But you can do it on a per user basis; not straight forward either though.

1. Add screen security to the screens you want to auto-logout
  2. Use the remote display number in Global Connections
  3. Create a Logout macro that sets the Remote Display Number to change displays to a Login screen. The login screen will need a startup macro to clear the Remote Display Number to 0.
  4. Enable the auto-logout feature in Project Settings, but do not enable the "return to graphic" feature.
  5. Create user(s) with access to those secured screens, and assign your logout macro.
  6. Make sure the default user does not have access to those screens.

So, anytime a "secured" user logs out (manually or auto-logout) their logout macro will run and change screens to the login screen. For any other user that does not have the logout macro assigned, nothing will happen. The user is logged out but no screen change occurs.

Let me know if that works out.