Automation Direct C-more Touchscreen HMI button turning on/off on its own.

unsaint32

Our Automation Direct HMI's one push button is activating on and off on its own without anyone touching the HMI button. I power cycled the HMI and the problem went away. It happened twice in the last three weeks.

I verified that it was the HMI issue by going online to Controllogix and seeing the tag for the HMI button changing between 0 and 1 continually. No other tag triggers taht tag.

C-more V2.78 was used to program the HMI. The button's a simple PB configuration. The HMI is ea7 t15c touch screen.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Good Morning,
Short of swapping screens and see if problem follows. Is this a new install? you could try moving the button to a different part of the screen. I have not seen this issue before in C-More I have seen it with Proface.

Tom

I have had this problem with an EA7 15".
It ended up being a bad screen. The touch cells were intermittently activating even with no pressure.

Last edited:
I had a touchscreen that messed up badly after the concrete floor in a shop was cut to put in a pit for a new press. The concrete dust contained sharp shards that penetrated the touch screen & shorted out many contact points when the operators pressed on them.

Check & see if any construction like this has been around, or even heavy metal grinding in the area.