Alarms in proface gp4000

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
I am working on a Proface GP4000 using GP-Pro EX V4.0. I have set up some alarms and set up the alarm banner. Can anyone tell me how the banner works? If I get an alarm I assume the Banner will scroll the alarms that are active. I would like the user to be able to touch the banner and have it take them to the Alarms screen. How do you do that? I have done this in Crimson but not in GP-Pro. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I have used the banner, and liked it at first, but have since been removing it. It will show all active alarms, but you cannot adjust the position, or speed of the banner. It will also stay on the screen until it has completely scrolled across the screen. Operators keep thinking the alarm is still active when it isn't.

I have tried using script to draw a blank square over it when the alarm is acknowledged, but the banner is in front of that as well.

Yea I have been doing some testing and I see what you mean.

I sent a email to Proface and they replied with this:

The Banner Alarm function does not have a built in option to do this.
Creating a window that pops up whenever there is a new alarm, and having it go to the alarm screen when it is touched would be fairly easy.
To do this you can use the symbol variable, #H_Alarm_Trigger to know when a new alarm has occurred. This bit can be used to popup a window screen and on the window screen you can have an alarm display. And then over the window screen you can put an invisible switch with 2 actions, one to reset the #H_Alarm_Trigger, and the second a screen change button to go to the alarm screen.
I added this to your project, and I added some buttons to trigger alarms so i could test it in simulation.
I added the window part to your screens 1, 2 and 3, but this could be made a global window screen and it would then be on all screens without individually adding it.

With the changes they made to my file I was able to get things working. Attached is a stripped down version of my file. Hope this helps others.

By any chance could you save that file in an older format? I am running v3.5 right now. From the samples I have looked at, they use a lot of hidden buttons to control things. It makes it tough to decipher some of their programs.

Here are two different versions in v3.5. One has a pop up window on each screen and the other uses a global window.

Hope this helps.