24V phototransistor unable to pulse PLC input

mbreddy

Hi,
I am using AB 1766L32BXB PLC to connect convyer kit(which is 24vdc supported)"
http://www.fischertechnik.de/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-24/41_read-63/usetemplate-2_column_pano/"

The problem i am facing is even though the photo transistor is working as expected(24V giving when no object and 0V when there is an object),the same is not able to recognised by the PLC input(which supports 24vdc).I have tested the PLC by giving 24v and 0V directly from power supply and it is able to switch the input(this test is done to test plc input pin is working as expected.

for both PLC and conveyer the power supply is same.
This is a basic question but don't have knowledge on wiring.Please let me know if anything missing here.

Thanks,
Bhaskar.

You should post a simple drawing of how you are trying to wire the device to the plc. Without that my best guess is to put a resistor across the plc input to add a small load to the photo transistor. I don't know what value to suggest. Only experimentation with different values or a potentiometer will determine what is needed.

look at page 37 and 38 of this manual, it shows how to connect the sensor. It sounds like you have a sink / source problem and you will have to wire it correspondingly.

If the conveyor kit has specific documentation concerning the inputs and outputs please post a link, if that is available online, or - if there is only printed documentation and with permission from Fischertechnik - please photocopy and post appropriate pages.

The kit is, but not the documentation.

EDIT: I should go on to say that I couldn't find anything for it on Fischertechnik's site.

there is a statement that they are photo-transistors, but not whether they are pnp or npn, so he probably just needs to just get his sink/source worked out correctly.