Linmot Ethernet Question

sjanes9

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect an E1250-IP-UC Linmot drive via Ethernet to an CompactLogix PLC that is running revistion 20.1. I have the IP address set and can see the drive in RSLinx Classic. I can also successfully ping the address. When I right click on the drive in RsLinx and try to go to the properties. It gives me a communication fault. I can also see in the LinmotTalk 6.2 software that I am not connected. I do have the Ethernet ports enabled on the drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Does the Compactlogix PLC see the drive? Not sure Linx would be able to look at the properties if you do not have an EDS file installed for that device. Not a very good Linx expert here though...

I can see it when I look in RS Who. But I can't communicate with it. When I create the module in the I/O. It will give me a fault saying the EDS file that I registered is the wrong Version. According to LinMot's setup guide. I should be able to see the properties in RSLinx. Which is why I think the issue is there. I could be wrong though.

When you create the module in the I/O, you are not using a generic ethernet module i am assuming? If so, maybe its correct and you do not have the right version of the EDS file.