How to connect to Siemens S7-200

kimoturbo

Hey everyone,

I have a Siemens PLC s7-200 that I wanted to connect to in order to upload the program from it as a back up for me. The PLC I have is a SIMATIC S7-200 (6ES7 212-1BA01-0XB0) and I use a PC Adapter USB (MPI/DP) (S7 972-0CB20-0XA0) to connect between the PLC and the computer, but so far all my trials have ended up in a failure. Every time I use Step 7 Micro/Win it doesn't work. I am trying on Windows XP SP3, should I try it on Windows 7 or what should I do to be able to communicate with the PLC???

Thank you in advance

10893856_505849339553441_1606190361_n.jpg 10904170_505849336220108_1240239341_n.jpg

Well, On the PC USB Adapter it's written on it MPI/DP, but I think I should use PPI connection since this is the only one that seemed to get something from the PLC while the other failed.

Well, On the PC USB Adapter it's written on it MPI/DP, but I think I should use PPI connection since this is the only one that seemed to get something from the PLC while the other failed.

Some not all MPI/DP adapters will also work with PPI (RS485)

It should be the same as our setup for the PPI try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skAH715dPxM

Our cable will do all 3 (MPI/PPI/DP), the part you need to watch is 1:30 into the video for the PPI setup

This is the setup for just the standard RS485 PPI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6CfBzye8E

Well by the reference number S7 972-0CB20-0XA0 if its from V5.4 of above It should support PPI communication.
Just try to connect through PPI and let us know the result.

I have watched both videos, but I can't find the number of port in my computer and I don't know how to change it the Micro/Win. It gives me an error of

Error: Communications time-out. Check the port number, network address, baud rate, and the attached cable

What does that error mean?

I have followed the exact same steps as in the video, but I still get the same error as before. Could it be that the CPU that I am trying to connect to is old and doesn't support an MPI/DP adapter??? the CPU 212

I have followed the exact same steps as in the video, but I still get the same error as before. Could it be that the CPU that I am trying to connect to is old and doesn't support an MPI/DP adapter??? the CPU 212

Post a screen shot of your error and your setup screen

Try PROFIBUS

Hi,
I had the same problem 1 month ago.
Try to connect with profibus settings.
I have also MPI PC adapter and coulden't connect to s7-200. I tried all the possibilities from PG/PC settings and finally the profibus was working.
Very important that You have to set up manually the speed of the line. I setted 19.2 kbs, as I remember.
Do like this and let us know.

Hi,
I had the same problem 1 month ago.
Try to connect with profibus settings.
I have also MPI PC adapter and coulden't connect to s7-200. I tried all the possibilities from PG/PC settings and finally the profibus was working.
Very important that You have to set up manually the speed of the line. I setted 19.2 kbs, as I remember.
Do like this and let us know.

Did your 200 have Profibus? kimoturbo's does not its only one port and its PPI so I think Profi is out

Here is the screenshots of the error that comes out for me.
My CPU is 212 I tried all possibilities but nothing seem to work. I tried using the PC Adaptor MPI PC Adaptor Auto & PC Adaptor PPI. The only thing that start getting information from the PLC is the PC Adaptor PPI, but it fails/stops after it gather the CP addresses.

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 9.23.31 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 9.23.57 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 9.24.01 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 9.24.41 AM.jpg

Do you know anyone with another cable you can try... or another PLC, I think your settings are correct, so guessing the only other options are a failed cable, failed port on the PLC or a strange setting on the PLC (187.5 baud rate) not sure if you cable can support the high speed