Unsupported Charaters, Tag Names and Addresses:

PanelBuilder32 software supports semicolons (;) in tag addresses; FactoryTalk
View ME software does not. Before importing your application into FactoryTalk
View ME software, change the semicolons (;) to colons :)) in the PanelBuilder32
tag editor.
PanelBuilder32 software supports dashes (-) in tag names, FactoryTalk View ME
software does not. Before importing your application to FactoryTalk View ME
software, search the PanelBuilder32 tag editor for tag names with dashes and
duplicate the tags. Rename the tags to eliminate the dash, or replace the dash with
an underscore (_). Use the tag search function to find graphic objects using the​
original tag names. Edit the objects to update the tag names.

My question is, will I need to change the tags in the PLC as well?

None of the A-B controllers allow dashes or semicolons in the address syntax; PanelBuilder32 was just more flexible to allow for typos.

You won't have to change the PLC address syntax in RSLogix.