Panelview Plus And Cognex Vision System

cwal61

I have a 2711P-RTD12C I would like to display my camera view from a Cognex 5110 vision system. My question is it possible to use / load the ActiveX Control Display onto the PanelView Plus. I have used it on a 1700P but that's actually a PC.

IIRC thre is active x support for some USB cameras in the newer PV hardware /software but I don't think there is over ethernet.

I assume you are doning ethernet with a Cognex camera?

thanks for your reply,
I have access to Vision View Products. What I really need is the ability for an operator to enter the Human Readable format when there is a No Read on the Data Matrix Code. I have not figured out a way to do that with the Vision View from Cognex. I am using Implicit Tags from the Camera by inserting the Camera into my RS5K Configuration and yes I am using Ethernet to control and read camera results. I have decided to go with The Allen Bradley 1500P which is a PC base HMI and used Archie's Advanced HMI for the Operator Interface. I did save the cost of the FTVME Station license. Just thought I would try the PVP to see if it would work. After some further research there are a few ActiveX controls loaded on a PVP but none for Cognex.

Chris

I have decided to go with The Allen Bradley 1500P which is a PC base HMI and used Archie's Advanced HMI for the Operator Interface. I did save the cost of the FTVME Station license. Just thought I would try the PVP to see if it would work.
Just an FYI, this past week the ControlLogix driver had a few fixes for some bugs and to increase the speed, so be sure to use the latest version which is currently 3.97c