Programming question

sjanes9

Hey everyone,
I'll try and be as precise as I can here. I am running RsLogix 5000 Revision 20.1 on a CompactLogix L23E Q1B1 processor. I am working with an E1250-UC-IP Linmot drive. I am trying to input the distance I would like the linear motor to travel. The problem I am running into is that the number needs to be split into two places. LinMot_Drive_A:O1.Data[3], and LinMot_Drive_A:O1.Data[4].
My question is this. How do I split my DINT and store it in those to places? I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need anymore info.

I'll assume that Data[3] and Data[4] are INTs.

COP DINT Data[3] 2

(DINT is your DINT variable)

They should end up in the correct order for the LinMot (I haven't used it in an IP communication mode yet though)

Similarly if input information from the LinMot is spread across two INTs and should be in a DINT (or a REAL) just use

COP Data[x] DINT 1

(with x being the first of the INTs - the DINT tag can be replaced by a REAL tag if that is appropriate..)

To prevent an I/O communication happening between the two INTs in the first COPy you might want to use CPS instead. Same syntax.

Last edited:
Forgot to update you guys. I spoke with Rockwell Automation about the issue and they helped me come to the conclusion that I couldn't do what I was trying to do. I then spoke with LinMot and was given the Add-On-Instructions to make this work. Thanks for the help.