EIO and RIO modules on same CPU (Modicon-Quantum)

rankhornjp

Processor: 652 60
Firmware Version: 3.10-00-13

I'm trying to upgrade a couple of remote racks to Ethernet I/O and start getting away from the S908 cable. When I try to add the Ethernet RIO Head card I get an error message, "The modules 140 CRP 312 00 (EIO-Head) and 140 CRP 93X 00 (RIO-Head) cannot be used both on this CPU."

Any suggestions on how to get this done?

I just tried configuring it with Unity8 and I get that error with a 651 60 CPU, but when I select a 652 60, the error goes away.

Where are you seeing the error - on the CPU LCD, or in Unity? Is Unity up to date? I did an analyze on an empty application and the error will come and go, depending on which CPU I choose. Are you seeing at build?

This is what I get with the 651 60:

{Rack (1 ) 140 XBP 016 00} : The modules 140 CRP 312 00 (EIO-Head) and 140 CRP 93X 00 (RIO-Head) cannot be used both on this CPU .

I think Unity7 and that processor is supported, so must be a bug. I would try exporting the project and then importing it again.

Beyond that, I would call support and have them tell you why your configuration is not valid.

I Also don't get the error with that CPU and Firmware Version, but do on other CPU's.

Could you attach a screenshot of your backplane configuration screen?

Dumb error on my part. I was working with an existing project and I didn't update the project's firmware (project was still using 3.0) before I made the changes.

Thanks for the help.