ControlLogix and HMI

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to change out an HMI on a machine, when I connect the new one to it the best I have got is about 10 tags (out of 100 or so) updated once.

While testing the new HMI in the system I noticed the Controllogix "looking" for the old HMI called it out by name (brand name) and MAC, however, that HMI was not in the system at the time (its Ethernet cord was unplugged and plugged into the new HMI.)

Is there a setting within the ControlLogix (1756-L61) that knows or remembers what HMI it is connected to(via Ethernet)? If so, where in RSL5k is it I have looked but didn't see anything that was appropriate.

OLD HMI: Red Lion G3

New HMI: EZ3

IP and subnet mask settings are identical between the 2 HMI's, no gateway is needed or used.

WAG Is it in the RSLogix5000 I/O tree? I personally don't know if you can but just throwing it out there.

Under the Ethernet module (1756-ENBT/A IP_Comm) I can find nothing specific to either HMI. There is a specific block for the robot though.