Is this correct?

StoneNewB

BOOL: 0= Cleared 1= Set
SINT: -128 to 127
INT: -32,768 to 32,767
DINT: -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647
REAL: -3.402823e^38 to - 1.1754944e^-38 and 1.1754944e^-38 to 3.402823e^38

These number values to the right of the Data types is information just for humans to read. They can be displayed in these ways: Binary, decimal, hexadecimal, octal, exponential, and float, depending on what your seeking. Those numbers are not of any purpose for the PLC. For the PLC to code those values for us, it is done through a binary format. They can be coded in these ways: BOOL, SINT, INT, DINT, and REAL. I want to know if this is right or wrong.

I just entered the PLC programming world, and was given a few things to review. I wanted to know the functions of data types, what information they hold, and how they could be displayed. I was looking through some programs on RSL5000 and become confused with BOOL, SINT, INT, DINT, REAL and binary, decimal, hexadecimal, octal, exponential, and float.