RSLogix suppressing minor fault flag after arithmetic overflow

V0N_hydro

I have a counter which is a DINT in both compactlogix and control logix. Sometimes it rolls over, and that is fine. I have logic which does CNTR_delta := CNTR - CNTR_last ; This sometimes generates an arithmetic overflow minor fault, and that is fine.

I do not want this minor fault to be logged when it occurs. I have tried
routine_A: xic S:V OTE overflow_before
routine_B: CNTR_delta := CNTR - CNTR_last;
routine_C: XIO overflow_before OTU S:V

but the minor fault is still logged.

Is there some way to reset S:V, the overflow system bit, or S:minor, the minor fault flag, before it is logged in the controller properties?

I thought that if I reset S:V before the end of the program or task scan it wouldn't end up in the log but clearly that is false.

Thanks for any hints

No, not to my knowledge. Logix platform minor errors are logged at the instant they happen.

If you have the FBD or ST language available, make an FBD routine, and use the PMUL instruction in it to generate your scan delta. It handles rollovers gracefully. I generally use it with the word size set for 8 to 16 bits, and a multiplier of 1.