Smart Relays

Byron

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings Everyone...
I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of ALL the Smart Relays in existence, and the ACTUAL manufacturer. In an effort to not re-invent the wheel I thought I'd put it up here and see if someone else has already done it.
My first focus: Moeller (Formerly Klockner-Moeller): It appears like they make/made: MOELLER- EASY; EZ; EASY; PICO; OMEGA; XLOGIC; IDEC; ZELIO; ALPHA; TECO; ZEN; MILLENIUM; ??? ; not sure about LOGO;
The cables for several I have checked are the same; the software seems to be interchangeable. It appears that Moeller is now Eaton. Not sure where ABB comes into play. xLogic makes something or not: http://www.xlogic-plc.com/xiazai.php It's hard to tell if they cloned theirs or are the actual instead of Moeller - Eaton. I ran into this with Mitsubishi and Shilin. Shilin being the actual sweat shop, as far as I could tell. Manufacturers that at one time or another had a branded version from MOELLER (please critque): Cutler Hammer; AB; IDEC; Schneider; Mitsubishi; Eaton; Siemens; Omron; Crouzet; Telemecanique; Here is a quote from another forum: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=136051&page=2
Actually the very first one was the Siemens LOGO relay, which was later brand labeled by Idec as the Smart Relay (contrary to popular belief that Idec makes it and Siemens brand labels it). The Moeller / Eaton EASY relay was copied from the LOGO, then later brand-labeled by A-B as the Pico. Then lots of other people like Mitsubishi (later branded by Schneider) and Teco (the one sold by Factorymation) got into the game. That explains why they basically all look similar, the LOGO was so wildly popular all over the world that everyone else wanted to get in on it. Siemens still commands more market share of these things around the world than all the others combined.

Any ideas, comments are welcome. In my spare time I prepare for the unknown đź““

Let me fix some of your mistake :
fist was logo in 1996 , then Matsushita came with a product named pico in 1997 ...
1998 : Moeller released its first Easy
1999 : Mitsubishi launched its Alpha
1999 : Crouzet brand label the Mitsubishi Alpha under the name of Millenium
1999 : Theben brand label the Mitsubishi Alpha under the name of Pharao
2000 : Schneider launched its first Zelio , a brand label from a Taiwaneese company named Taian.
2000 : Entrelec launched its logotron (now entrelec belongs to ABB)
2000 : Moeller brand label its Easy to Schleicher and to Pepperl&Fuchs
2001 : Siemens released its second generation of Logo
2001 : Omron launched its Zen
2002 : Crouzet ( acquired by Schneider) stopped the Mitsubishi brand labelling and released its home designed and made Millenium 2
2003 : Schneider stopped the Taian brand labelling and launched Zelio 2 ( Schneider Version of Crouzet Millenium 2)
2004 : Siemens launched Zelio 4

for the last ten years I did not follow-up any more this market , may be some members can tell you the story from 2004 to 2014

Greetings Xiaolong!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
My niche is legacy- rescue, backup, restoration, documentation. I love the history part of it all!
(y)
As time permits I am putting together spread sheets which show the Brand, Model, MFG, Cable number, Software, etc... for PLC. I want to add smart relays too. If I ever get it done I want to share it.
If any body out there has something like this we could collaborate.
đź““

You need to add columns in your spreadsheet for Year or Revision. Many brands have changed or replaced their cables and software at different times, so a static spreadsheet may not reflect a current setup that would work.

The Omron ZEN is completely different from the Moeller EZ-type smart relay.

Greetings Everyone...
I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of ALL the Smart Relays in existence, and the ACTUAL manufacturer. In an effort to not re-invent the wheel I thought I'd put it up here and see if someone else has already done it.
My first focus: Moeller (Formerly Klockner-Moeller): It appears like they make/made: MOELLER- EASY; EZ; EASY; PICO; OMEGA; XLOGIC; IDEC; ZELIO; ALPHA; TECO; ZEN; MILLENIUM; ??? ; not sure about LOGO;
The cables for several I have checked are the same; the software seems to be interchangeable. It appears that Moeller is now Eaton. Not sure where ABB comes into play. xLogic makes something or not: http://www.xlogic-plc.com/xiazai.php It's hard to tell if they cloned theirs or are the actual instead of Moeller - Eaton. I ran into this with Mitsubishi and Shilin. Shilin being the actual sweat shop, as far as I could tell. Manufacturers that at one time or another had a branded version from MOELLER (please critque): Cutler Hammer; AB; IDEC; Schneider; Mitsubishi; Eaton; Siemens; Omron; Crouzet; Telemecanique; Here is a quote from another forum: http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=136051&page=2
Actually the very first one was the Siemens LOGO relay, which was later brand labeled by Idec as the Smart Relay (contrary to popular belief that Idec makes it and Siemens brand labels it). The Moeller / Eaton EASY relay was copied from the LOGO, then later brand-labeled by A-B as the Pico. Then lots of other people like Mitsubishi (later branded by Schneider) and Teco (the one sold by Factorymation) got into the game. That explains why they basically all look similar, the LOGO was so wildly popular all over the world that everyone else wanted to get in on it. Siemens still commands more market share of these things around the world than all the others combined.

Any ideas, comments are welcome. In my spare time I prepare for the unknown đź““
That was my post that you referenced in there! It's a bit old, here is some more info and corrections.

The Siemens LOGO! (the exclamation point is part of the official name) is actually made by Siemens, it is by far the largest selling nano PLC / smart relay on the planet (but don't call it a PLC to a Siemens guy, they are not allowed to refer to it as one, it is a "Programmable Relay"). The Idec version is brand labeled by them FROM Siemens, it is not sold to anyone else, despite the look and feel of others that copied it*. The cables etc. are the same, however the software does NOT interchange, on purpose.

The Allen Bradley Pico was a joint venture product with Moeller (their Easy). Moeller makes the hardware/firmware and Rockwell did the software. But that JV was stopped when Moeller was bought by Eaton, so when existing inventory is gone, the product will be obsoleted. A-B now makes their own replacement, the Micro810. It is not brand labeled from anyone or to anyone. The Picosoft software, available from both Rockwell and Moeller, will not interchange between the two, again on purpose. Picosoft will also not work on the Micro810 or any other Rockwell product.

*(Despite the fact the Teco SG2 looks just like the LOGO!, they are not the same, the SG2 is a copy not a brand label)

2004 : Siemens launched Zelio 4
I think you meant Schneider, not Siemens.

Thanks for all the input so far... it is VERY appreciated.
There are a few where I know the cables will interchange and I "thought" the software would too. I'm getting conflicting stories... that is one of the main reasons I want to gather as much information as I can for a spread sheet.
So, say I get a request to work on an Easy smart relay and I can talk to it with PICO... that's what I'm after. I know the OLD LOGO is different ...
I know, a lot of work... but just one more hobby...

I have a programmable relay program that originally was programmed into an ABB device using software AC010-PS001 3.1 This program has a .EAS file extension. I need to load the program onto a Siemens Logo device. I thought that at one time the siemens software could read the EAS file format, however, I can't find a version that will do this. Does anyone have any clues that might help?

I want to know whether we can use programming cable of Crouzet PLC in XLogic PLC. Can Xlogic support crouzet company PLC?

The Picosoft software, available from both Rockwell and Moeller, will not interchange between the two, again on purpose.

I have found the opposite to be true. I just programmed an Eaton branded Easy relay with Picosoft software using a file created with Easysoft. I was using recent versions of the software (except the file from easysoft was developed on an old laptop years ago.)